October 27, 2015
— FYI Screening (@fyiscreening) October 27, 2015
September 25, 2015
FYI Screening has developed a network of partners to help us deliver world-class employee background check solutions. Today’s featured partner is myStaffingPro which is an award-winning applicant tracking system (ATS). Our certified integration with myStaffingPro allows myStaffingPro users to perform legally compliant background checks through an easy, seamless system. This integrated solution improves hiring and screening efficiency, eliminates duplicate data entry, minimizes data entry error, and ensures consistency in the hiring and screening process.
Top 10 Benefits of Using myStaffingPro:
- Reduce Your Time-to-Fill – Use online hiring and approval processes to post and fill jobs faster than the cumbersome traditional way. Some of our clients boast that they have reduced their time-to-fill by 40% with myStaffingPro applicant-tracking system.
- Concentrate on Qualified Applicants -Rule out unqualified applicants and develop an applicant pool with myStaffingPro’s prescreening tools. The configurable online application process allows to you to screen applicants based on minimum qualifications that you set, as well as rank them based on preferred competencies.
- Treat Applicants Like Customers – Keep applicants engaged and informed with continual email communication and 24/7 access to check the status of their applications online. With myStaffingPro, you can provide a positive experience to all applicants throughout the hiring process.
- Expand Your Recruiting Reach – Infuse your career search screen with the latest technology to increase your applicant reach. myStaffingPro Elevate includes social-media tools, Web 2.0 functionality, search-engine optimization, LinkedIn and Facebook integrations, as well as free job-board posting.
- Provide 360° Accessibility – Provide anywhere, anytime accessibility through our versatile interfaces. Users can view a snapshot of data from smart phones, or log into the software-as-a-service (SaaS) interface to view applicant and requisition data. Hiring managers can execute approvals from smart phones, and applicants can apply via a computer, smart phone, tablet, or telephone.
- Streamline Approvals – Simplify the requisition-approval and candidate-feedback processes with an automated workflow that sends response requests and reminders. An automated feedback process reduces lagtime and improves response rate.
- Go Green – With myStaffingPro, remove the paperwork from your hiring process by accepting applications and viewing data online. The online application process eliminates the administrative costs associated with printing, storing, and processing applications and forms.
- Uphold an Applicant Workflow – Create an applicant workflow that tracks every phase of the hiring process. The applicant workflow provides a clear picture of the progression through the hiring process and provides automatic email notification capabilities.
- Gain Built-In Accountability – Know who, what, where, when, why, and how for every step of your hiring process. The system-generated notes track every action taken on every requisition and applicant file.
- Benefit from Thorough Analytics – Analyze your recruiting-source effectiveness and process bottlenecks with myStaffingPro’s robust reporting capabilities.
myStaffingPro, a full-featured SaaS applicant tracking system, provides HR professionals with the tools they need to recruit, qualify, and track applicants, to help hire the best employees. myStaffingPro delivers the hiring process for more than 1,000 companies and has processed more than 20 million applications. To learn more about myStaffingPro applicant tracking system, visit mystaffingpro.com or follow @mystaffingpro.
September 3, 2015
August 31, 2015
— FYI Screening (@fyiscreening) August 31, 2015
May 5, 2015
FYI Screening stays on top of the latest industry news, trends and relevant compliance issues. We are a powerful source of advice, information, and experience.
One of the best ways to tap into our vast source of information is to follow us on Twitter @fyiscreening.
Here are some of the helpful articles we’ve been sharing…
“A resume often serves as the outline to a background check: Your employer may check employment dates, job titles, and academic degrees, among other things. So you should assume that everything that can be verified will be verified.” – @money
“Virginia joins more than a dozen other states in its decision to “ban the box” on job applications that prospective employees are asked to check if they have been convicted of a crime.” – businessinsider.com
“This is becoming more and more common, where a company allegedly does not comply with all of the technical requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.” – staffingindustry.com
“The SEC Investor Advisory Committee floated a proposal to have the SEC work with other federal and state financial regulators to develop a single website to house disciplinary information about investment advisers, brokers and other financial professionals.” – investmentnews.com
“People who steal from their employers often exhibit telltale characteristics that could tip off management that they’re likely to commit fraud. These characteristics include attitudes on the job, daily work habits, and personal lifestyle issues. A few of these traits alone do not indicate fraud, but the potential for fraud to occur rises with more of the characteristics in an employee.” – Tracy Coenen, sequenceinc.com
“On April 16, 2015, the New York City Council passed Intro-261-A, a bill that would amend the New York City Human Rights Law to make it an unlawful discriminatory practice for an employer to use an individual’s consumer credit history in making employment decisions. In particular, the bill makes it unlawful for employers not just to use an applicant’s credit history, but also to request it for employment purposes.” – seyfarth.com
“The Transportation Security Administration is tightening security rules for airline and airport workers in the wake of a criminal case in which an Atlanta baggage handler was accused of smuggling guns on commercial jets.” – nbcphiladelphia.com
“I’ve written a lot in the past few years about the pros and cons of companies using social media to conduct background checks on applicants and employees (e.g., here and here). One issue I’ve never considered, however, is whether the social media site is a “consumer reporting agency” subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or the information compiled from such searches qualifies as a Consumer Report.” – Jon Hyman, ohioemployerlawblog.com
Flaws in Ohio’s Criminal Background Check System Give Families and Law Enforcement a False Sense of Security
“WBNS-10TV in Columbus, Ohio obtained 3 years of Attorney General office emails which revealed Ohio’s criminal background check system is outdated, overloaded and breaking down.” – 10tv.com
About FYI Screening
Founded in 1994, FYI Screening provides reliable and compliant background checks for organizations of every size. We offer modern, easy-to-use background screening software, backed by professional expertise, and amazing customer service!