The Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, and those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. OFAC acts under Presidential wartime and national emergency powers, as well as authority granted by specific legislation, to impose controls on transactions and freeze foreign assets under US jurisdiction.
Basic Terrorist Search:
The sources for the Basic Terrorist Search data are as follows and include the OFAC and FBI and other terrorist lists.
- Bank Of England
- Bureau Of Industry And Security, Us Department Of Commerce, Denied Persons List
- Bureau Of Industry And Security, Us Department Of Commerce, Unverified List
- Defense Trade Controls – List Of Debarred Parties
- FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists
- FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives
- Office Of Foreign Assets Control, Sanctions Program And Country Summaries
- Office Of Foreign Assets Control, SDN And Blocked Persons
- Office Of The Superintendent Of Financial Institutions
- World Bank Debarred Parties