2009 was a year that social media surged and the use of social networks for employee background screening was frequently debated. We saw resume fraud, diploma mills and fake employment websites flourish. During this time we’ve used our blog to keep you informed of these trends, best practices and legal compliance issues. Look to FYI Screening for more of this in 2010.
Below you’ll find our most widely-read posts of the year:
- The Importance Of Post-Hire Background Checks
- 4 Tips On How To Use Social Networks For Employee Screening
- The Dangers of Using Social Networks for Employee Screening
- Diploma Mills: Degrees of Deception
- 5 Legal Reasons Why Your Company Should Have a Social Networking Policy
- The Other Background Check: What Does Google Have To Say About You?
- Resume Fraud A Growing Concern
- Twitter and Employment Law Issues
- Job Applicants Are More Likely To Lie As The Recession Grows
- The Pitfalls Of Using Social Networking To Screen Potential Employees
Happy New Year!
Photo credit: berk2804