Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, a nonprofit consumer education and advocacy project, recently updated the Small Business Owner Background Check Guide.
This is an excellent guide to help businesses of any size learn the basic information about employee background screening. Here are links to the guide:
Small Business Owner Background Check Guide
- Background Check Primer: Know the Terminology
- Employment Background Checks and Federal Law, the FCRA
- What Can an Employer Find Out? What Is Off Limits?
- Should I Hire an Outside Screening Company?
- Background Checks: Not Just for Applicants
- The Employer’s Obligations under the FCRA
- Proper Disposal of Employment Reports
- Workplace Investigations: New Rules for Employers
- Special Rules for California Employers
- Employer Checklist and Tips