Finally we’re getting some factual reporting on the use of credit checks for employee screening. Erica Sandberg, a Personal Finance Expert / Reporter, wrote an excellent article “6 myths about employer credit checks“.
Here’s a recap:
Myth No. 1: Most employers pull all applicant’s reports.
- Truth: Few do, and usually for specific reasons.
Myth No. 2: Employers and lenders look for the same information.
- Truth: Employers take a longer view on your credit past.
Myth No. 3: Poor credit will immediately disqualify you.
- Truth: Your checkered credit history may be ignored.
Myth No. 4: Employers use credit checks to discriminate.
- Truth: Employers pull reports to protect themselves.
Myth No. 5: All negative information is bad.
- Truth: Some credit report information is more alarming than others.
Myth No. 6: Employers don’t care about your reasons for having bad credit.
- Truth: They care a lot.
Read the entire article here.
Photo Credit: TheTruthAbout…